Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I got the ROYAL treatment for our first anniversary! The cala lilies are a plant and were present at our wedding one year ago. JJ has gone to buying plants because they last longer(smart man). JJ told me a week before our anniversary that he was going to plan everything because that is what the internet said he was supposed to do. OK, great! I thought I am off the hook! Well, a little while later he informed me he didn't know what do for an anniversary and he seemed concerned. I reassured him we would get better at it, although being a little confused because he certainly knew how to do it BEOFRE we were married. I suspected this was normal in new husbands. The day we decided to celebrate our anniversary, our anniverary was on Sunday, JJ got a substituing job from the middle school. He was gone most of the day and informed me about 2 o'clock he texted me saying he was done but, wasn't sure when he would be home. I thought that was odd because he was not one to waste time. We had planned on going to a nice dinner in Idaho Falls that evening and that is what I thought was our celebration! I continued getting ready and about a half an hour later my JJ walks in with the cala lily plant! That was the first suprise. I was thrilled! What a guy, I thought. I watered the plant, we locked the door and strolled to the car. JJ opened the door for me and on the seat of the car was a big picture of the Savior, the family Book of Mormon and another novel that was given to him because of his purchase. I love surprises! And he was making sure it was! He had finished his purchasing when he texted me about when school would be out. What a charmer! He knew exactly how to celebrate a great anniversary! We headed to Idaho Falls and ate at Texas Road House. We went for the delicious rolls and between the two of us we ate 12! We were full before we could even get our food. Almost five minutes after we got our food, we asked for some to go boxes. We then headed to the mall to return some make up I had bought but didn't like. I was just going get money back but, JJ encouraged me to exchange it for some other make up. I took his suggestion and ended up with some other nice make up. So you can see! I got the ROYAL treatment.

3 comments:

Alexandria Rammell said...

sounds like a great anniversary!! I am with you on the rolls, they always fill me up!!

Rachel said...

I'm glad you got the ROYAL treatment. I'm glad JJ treats you like the princess that you are. Lucky girl you! Makes me love JJ even more when he treats you so good.

momforhealthyhomes said...

I know! He is always one surprise after another! What a wonderful husband I have!